Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please help no idea about car audio

xxbobxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
Just bought a 2010 VE SS Sportswagon and have no idea when it comes to car audio.

So far have bought 2x Kenwood KAC-M525 350W amps, 2x Kenwood KFC-W1012 Sub's and a twin 12inch sub box and about to buy a line out converter as I am not wanting to change the head unit.

Wanting to know if you got any suggestions for the line out converter and am wanting to know if it is worth upgrading the front and rear speakers and if it is worth running them off an amp? And if so some brand and model suggestions? Not looking for a top of the line stereo just want to make everything a bit cleaner and crisper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Whether you upgrade the front and rear speakers is up to you. Personally, and is always my reccomendation, leave the factory rear speakers in place if rear fill is required, otherwise disconnect them all together. Unless your playing DVD's, or other formats where higher than 2 channel playback is available, then there are no rear sound frequencies. Your only taking the front left and right signals and feeding them through the rear. All though some people like their sound to be centred in the cabin between the front and rear, as aposed to just coming in front of them, this is personal preference and something you'll have to decide for your self.

Also disconnecting the centre speaker can help also. This will only take you 5 mins, and again let your personal preferance decide as to which you prefer.

I'm not sure on your plans for the 2 amplifiers you have bought. If they are to run the subs, then they weren't really the best choice. Bridging multi channel amplifiers to drive subwoofers generally limits both the performance, and the output. I'm not familiar with that particular model of subwoofer, but judging by it's relatively low rated input power, i would guess they are a single voice coil, in which case they are most likely 4 ohm. If that is so, then a single high powered mono block capable of running at 2 ohm would be the preferred option.

A little more about your budget and what you would like out of an upgrade will help with further advice.

influentialcustoms

Reaction score
Website
www.influentialcustoms.com
Members Ride
Land Rover Discovery
Look the VE h/u will run aftermarket speakers quite well just a good set of 5.25" splits in the front and it will make all the difference I have a mate with a VE SS and that is what he did using Rockford Fosgate Punch splits and it sounds amazing and running off the factory unit