Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please help-sound not working

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
hey all,

just wondering if someone can help me, i just got xp reinstalled on my computer as the whole thing was rooted b4 and everything works fine now except i have no sound what so ever and its really giving me the shits,

it says no sound devices are installed but the computer has all the same stuff in it as b4 so nothings changed just new windows

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
what sound card are you using? is it built onto the motherboard or a seperate card?
if its onboard, find the cd for your motherboard and install the drivers off there.
if its seperate, find the drivers off the cd that came with the card, or search on the wen for them

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
You will need the drivers (commonly found on the CD that came with the sound card).. or you can get them off the internet, however ensure you virus scan them if you decide to download them, and you'll need to know the model of it before you download also.

Cheers

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Oi mate... Right click the My Computer icon and then Properties...

Click the Hardware tab then Device Manager.

Just sus out the properties near Sound, video and game controllers. There should be one with like a yellow warning icon.. Thats the beast you have to install drivers for.

But as said above, you may have a sound card CD laying around which should have the drivers in there.