Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PLEASE HELP!: VS Manual Clubsport ECU?

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
This is an old thread. The auto speed sensor in the V6 auto's of the VS era actually get their signal from a tone wheel mounted onto the output shaft of the box. I don't know what the V8 5ltr auto looks like. The Manual T5 sensor is driven by a small gearbox that inturn gets spun via a nylon gear mounted inside on the output shaft.

The diameter for the manual gearbox VSS sensor is smaller than the sensor fitted to the auto box's. DO NOT plug a MANUAL V8 ECU into an V8 AUTO loom and/or visa versa. The signal from the manual VSS can be run directly to the speedo head to give you speedo operation so long as a switched 12v and earth are supplied to the sensor.

The signal put out by the manual VSS will not interface with the AUTO V8 ECU. With a reprogrammed memcal to suit your AUTO ? ECU and wiring modified to allow speedo operation the vehicle will run without the speed signal output but fuel economy will suffer slightly also idle speed control system will not be 100%

you mean with a new memcal to suit my manual ..?

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
You have an auto car at the moment ? keeping the auto ECU and loom ? i'm assuming you are. A memcal can be written to suit using a manual box without vehicle speed input although the fuel economy and idle will suffer some what. Dr. Bob will be able to assist you with the memcal. Wiring is easy enough to do but will take a little fiddling and diagram analysis to achieve results.