Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please help VS ute no spark and no power to DFI module

99vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
hi guys i have a 99 vs ute with 200000ks on it and it was going really well till the fuel pump packed it in. and now its not making spark well it will make spark but soon as you pull out the drive way it dies again. i have replaced CAS coils plugs leads so far still no change. i have run a test light over the dfi plug and its not getting power to there i also was playing with the key a few weeks ago and was thinking that that may have done some thing.
any advice would be really help full...

Last edited:

jesse_lankey

what to put here?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
you said that the fuel pump packed in, did you replace it yourself? maybe the return line into the swirl pot is not connected causing it to die, however this would only happen if it had little petrol in the tank

99vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
its got duel fuel so it should run on gas i havent replaced the pump yet but the but its still pushing enough fuel to run at an idle plus the tank is 3/4 full... but thanks for your imput bud any help is good help..

99vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
did some more testing today with my test light and i do have power to my relays and fuse box as well as my ecu... was going to try falut codes but the little light wont come up on the dash please help...

99vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
put new relays in the old girl yesterday still no change am thinking of trading it in for a ford......

rickyj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
replace dfi unit . sound like same symtoms as mine . fried my coils 2 . i have read it,s best 2 replace as a set

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
check the pins in the plug and dfi, sometimes do go in properly causing intermitantness

99vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I replaced the dfi module yesterday an still no change it was a second hand unit but was out of a running car so had to be working...

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id first be trying to check to see if any error codes have set.Heres a link to a page that shows you how to do this test.Does the check engine light on the dash come on at all when the ignition key is turned to the on position or when the engine is started?It should come on,then once the engine is started,it should go off.This is basically a test to show the dash warning lights are all working and that theres not any blown bulbs etc in any of the dash warning lights,so if the check engine light doesnt come on at all,the bulb is probably blown,they are fairly easy to replace.
---https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307---

Last edited: