Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please Help - VT Instrument Cluster

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
We took the speedo out, changed the lights to blue.
The speed and petrol parts work fine, The tempreture and revs wont move at all. Any idea how I can fix this??

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
yer true dam i hope the 1ns im workin on work lol how did u test these??? did u put em in ur car 2 c if they work??

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Yeah, we put the lights in then put it in the car and drove to subway and measured the speed with the mode +down feature to make sure it was accurate, But no tempreture and no revs, Fuel is also fine. Damn annoying thing.

BTW thanks for the help with the heater control wrx884, they work great :)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
no worries glad 2 help i read somwhere hear ina thread some1s fuel guage wasnt workin i think they took it 2 holden 2 get replacemnt parts 4 it gonna have a look incase mine dont work mayb the heat from soldering f**** em up i dunno

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
its hard to say without seeing the cluster, if they were working before you pulled it apart you may have missed something putting it together, what area are you in?
if you need parts i have plenty of parts clusters.
Rob

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Doctor Bob said:
its hard to say without seeing the cluster, if they were working before you pulled it apart you may have missed something putting it together, what area are you in?
if you need parts i have plenty of parts clusters.
Rob

missing somthin as along the lines of??? i mean really the only thing thats diff that u do 2 the dials is that u take the needles off thats it n dont really touch that part of it coz u dont need 2??? mayb they dont like the pressure wen u put the needle back on??

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Thanks for the help. We figure out we have pushed the needles in too hard. I think we were feeling a little over ambitious when we were putting them back on.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
lol was just gonna say seeing as you had the needles off check that...
how did you confirm they are on in the correct place?

Cheers Rob

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
We pulled it off a bit then pushed it around to the top and let it go. It fell without getting stuck. I used the mode + down digital speed and that was 2ks out which is the same as before we changed the lights.

Everything looks to be working fine.
Just need to get 1 more blue light for the a/c switch and the headlight switch is still green for some reason and then its done.