Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help with info

Charee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LS1 Commodore
I have a 2001 VX Commodore police car, I wanted to sell it but I cant find another one to compare the value with, or any info as to how many were made with this engine, and auto box and is a police pack, can anyone help please, specs below.

2001 VX Gen 3 LS1 V8 auto police pack, it is not a HSV Clubsport, even though it does have an original clubsport body kit, and it is not an SS HSV....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Compare the value with other VX V8s. To the purist, it would be worth less with a body kit, genuine or not. My opinion would be between $9K and $12K depending on condition. Ex Police cars aren't really that special.

Charee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LS1 Commodore
Compare the value with other VX V8s. To the purist, it would be worth less with a body kit, genuine or not. My opinion would be between $9K and $12K depending on condition. Ex Police cars aren't really that special.

All good, my problem it that I can't find out how many were made and it was made for the police, but never a police car, we brought it from the original owner who had brought it brand new.
Everything I have found out about the car, tells me that they were only ever made in a manual but mine is an auto...

Can you tell me how many V8 versions were made or point me in the direction of who I could call to find out please

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
You could try this http://www.holdenhistoricalservices.com.au/order-report
You may even have luck phoning GMH and asking the question.
I have never used them so no guarantees from me.
Also lift the passenger carpet, you may get lucky and find the build sheet although that will not give you the info you require.
Lastly, I don't believe a manual would have been built for police use but I have been wrong before.

Good luck

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All good, my problem it that I can't find out how many were made and it was made for the police, but never a police car, we brought it from the original owner who had brought it brand new.
Everything I have found out about the car, tells me that they were only ever made in a manual but mine is an auto...

Can you tell me how many V8 versions were made or point me in the direction of who I could call to find out please

Does it have 9C1 on the compliance plate?

There were auto police cars, and I thought they were all SS's after VT.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You could try this http://www.holdenhistoricalservices.com.au/order-report
You may even have luck phoning GMH and asking the question.
I have never used them so no guarantees from me.
Also lift the passenger carpet, you may get lucky and find the build sheet although that will not give you the info you require.
Lastly, I don't believe a manual would have been built for police use but I have been wrong before.

Good luck

I'm with you...I can't see cops wanting to row through a gearbox all day everyday