Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help with intercoolers for L67

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I have never done any work with intercoolers so they are all new to me still. So sorry if I sound dumb lol. This is intercoolers to suit my L67 VS. Sorry about all the questions.

First of all, what is the difference between the A2A and W2A intercoolers, and if you have any pics, that would be great help as well.

Which intercooler is better?

How hard is it to intall an intercooler on a VS?

I seen an intercooler kit to suit L67 on eBay for $1650. It was a Yella Terra Stealth kit, are they any good or not?

Any other information would be greatly appretiated :) if I think of anymore questions I will just put them up here.

I basically just finished my engine conversion and have already blown off a radiator hose, so I may have to pull the supercharger off again to get to that hose right at the back that goes into the thermostat housing.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
haha good old thermostat - transfer pipe hose. not in the best place at all.

A2A - plate between LIM and blower directs air through front mount intercooler.
W2A - plate between LIM and blower has a heater core in it, water gets heated up, pumped though front mount radiator (which cools the water down), then back though plate to cool air charge again.

Hardest part of installing intercooler would be pulling off front bar to mount FMIC or radiator. Just gotta make sure you've got clearance to bonnet and firewall.

Are you a member on L67Torque.com yet?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
haha good old thermostat - transfer pipe hose. not in the best place at all.

A2A - plate between LIM and blower directs air through front mount intercooler.
W2A - plate between LIM and blower has a heater core in it, water gets heated up, pumped though front mount radiator (which cools the water down), then back though plate to cool air charge again.

Hardest part of installing intercooler would be pulling off front bar to mount FMIC or radiator. Just gotta make sure you've got clearance to bonnet and firewall.

Are you a member on L67Torque.com yet?

Yeah I know, couldn't they think of a worse spot to put it haha.

So i'm guessing that a W2A intercooler would be better and costs more?

See the good thing is that now I have the new bumper bar so i'm going to have to take the old one off, so while its off I can setup the intercooler.

I am a member but its harder to find stuff on that website then it is on this website.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
It might be good to talk to mace about the pro's and con's of each. I'm pretty sure they sell both types so they can give you some good unbiased advice

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
Go air2air from BYE Performance.Do it once,do it properly:)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Air to air paint cooler black so it's not so out there then done.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
please help to come all right aspects Hi! Happy to be here all life and bring prosperity in all matters so never forget a best outcomes a good image and maintains a standard so carry on struggles.

:hmmm: Marijuana?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
A2A seems to be the cheaper option. The worst case scenario with the W2A intercooler is it fails after a few years and water/coolant leaks into the engine. I'm going to do more research before I buy an intercooler kit, decide whats the better option for the VS.