Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help with this type of oil catch can install (vz ls1)

Dfault

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
Hi Guys have this catch can as pictured.

Oil%20Catch%20can.jpg

I know where the 2 on the side hook up to it is just the bottom bit i got no idea?

Cheers

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
The bottom bit is just to empty it. You know vented cans are illegal right? You should remove the filter on top and close it, especially if you use the 2 top bits, makes no sense to vent it if you plan to recycle the PCV into the intake.

Dfault

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
Alright no problem thanks man but the bottom but is not sealed or anything oil would just leak straight out would a pipe or something go from there to somewhere or? Cheers

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Yeah that's a weird design, usually it's just a plug at the bottom. I guess it's supposed to be used with something like this:
Radium Oil Catch Can Drain Kit (1) - RAD-20-0024 van Radium Engineering - Monkeywrench Racing -

If you can find a small petcock, you fabricate this kind of drain hose. Otherwise, just replace the bottom bit with a plug, but since it seems you can't open the can, be prepared to have oil everywhere once you drain it...

I've got this one:
Splitflow Blow-Bye Oil Catch Can

It has a plug at the bottom but the bottom hole was too small for the plug, once you screw it in, there's no way you can remove it. Anyway, since you can just unscrew the can and take the bottom part off, it's very easy to drain.

It's baffled (well, kinda) and filtered but I've added steel wool + an additional hose inside to force the vapors down and maximize the condensation.

Dfault

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
Awesome thanks for replying man.
I can unscrew the top to empty the oil. One more man sorry for the questions, would the pipe from the valley cover go into the top port on my catch can or?

Cheers

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
The top port is usually the exit port. So that would be the one going back to the intake.