Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help

bmxer100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Acclaim
Hi, I have a VS and just had a quick question. I have been having a bit of trouble with my car and it's gas fitting and it's going back to the mechanic tomorrow. However I just wanted to know if having old keys can cause any problems. I faintly remember someone telling me that Commodore keys 'talk' to something in the car and if they are old they can stuff things up. Sometimes (most of the time) when I turn my key the revs go up, this is before the engine has started, and if that reving happens it wont start or even try to, and sometimes the central locking unlocks the doors - when i turn the key that is!
Any help would be great as I am lost and the car has been at the mechanic all week and isn't much better.
Thanks

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I dont think that will be the key. Yes the key does talk to the imobiliser. To be honest i dont know what your problem would be. Sounds like possible a dodgy ecu, but dont pay mechanic prices to change that. Get a working one off ebay for <$70 and just plug it in yourself if you get that far with the problem.