Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please help

fly50l

Reaction score
hi guys i just got another vt commodore and its been leaking water from the pully underneath the water pump..how do i no if the headgasket is blown as its not making and weird noises and ive checked the oil and there is no water in the oil,only weird noise i herd was when i took the radiator cap of it sounded like things were cracking inside of the radiator..but maybe that was cause it was still hot and there wasnt really any water in the radiator...i havent got it pressure tested as i cant really drive the car anymore as im worried it will screw the engine up and im not really in a situation where i can fork out $1500 + for a new one...

thanks

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
if theres water leaking out under the puller for the waterpump, I would suggest waterpump is flogged. as for the cracking it can kinda sound like that when there is no water in there.

fly50l

Reaction score
awesome thank u mate..just was a lil **** scared that i might have done some major damage,but the mechanic reckons its pretty hard to crack the head on a vt as there made out of cast iron or something so he reckons it will take a bit to crack it..but thanks for that