Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please help

squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
dose anyone out there have one of these twin throttle body set ups on there ecotech or know anything about them....any advice would be great
cheers

Attachments

• 100_0574.jpg
    100_0574.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 129

VS RB30E(T)

Project 'VS3.0'
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VS Berlina 3.8L
I've done a fair bit of manifold research involving the ecotech motor and to tell the truth I've never come across a design like this. Possabilly a custom made part? Are there any stamped part numbers?

The most common manifold by far I have seen is the C.O.M.E Racing twin entry unit, but it's pretty pricey.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i saw a frshly cast one like that on ebay a while ago was definatly cast like that but i have no idea who makes them.

Amped

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk wags & Vl berlina
i've seen 1 like this before a few years back it turned out to be a custom made job for a twin turbo set up the give away was when it was opened up a weld down the center was visible where you could tell it was 2 put together

squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
we got it out of the paper for $200,we thought it was the type were the to throttle bodies were next to each other but it was this,i'm thinkin it was a custom made part,it's abit of a mission settin it up but were gettin there with it..alot of trial and error,the car we are putting it in is not gonna be a daily driver..it's more of a cruiser for powercruise and motorvation,would both intakes need all the censors the same on each side???

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nah tps and iac only needs to be in one of them and block the second IAC hole the worst thing will be the MAF needs to connect too both. there is a few tunes round to make it maffless just running in TPS fueling mode on the backup fuel tables but they are pretty lean on it with twins.doctorbob is the man too talk too about maffless VS tunes.if it was manual ide suggest going to the VN style ecu and a map sensor if auto ide also suggest this with the VN auto slotted behind it .

squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
cheers guys this all helpin,now for the throtlle cables...what we've done is welded another bracket onto the peddle and drilled another hole next to where the normal cable comes through and just gonna run a cable to each,would that work or is there some other way

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
should work mate probably easier than making a short cable to go from one throttlebody to the other and getting it all set up.