Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please Help!!!!

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Have you tried using jumper leads to start the car? Did you install the battery the wrong way around when you replaced it?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Have you tried using jumper leads to start the car? Did you install the battery the wrong way around when you replaced it?

That is what i would try, use jumper leads to see if you get dash lights and go from there. Quickest and cheapest way.

96 vs commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 holden vs commodore wagon
Already said i got dash lights it just won't crank and really the battery around the wrong way? How stupid do you think i am.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Already said i got dash lights it just won't crank and really the battery around the wrong way? How stupid do you think i am.

Well we don't know.
But members here simply wish to help if they can.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
you haven't said if the security light is on or not? If you pull the starter relay out and bridge his contacts does it crank?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well we don't know.
i said to tap the starter yet we don't know if he has tried that. Its actually unclear what he has tried.

96 vs commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well we don't know.
No i know people wouldn't know but really how dumb would someone have to be to put a battery in wrong? Also the battery has been fully charged and still no crank but like i said i get reds but nothing when i turn the key except an exclamation mark in a circle with brackets, i think the starter isn't getting power to it but i wouldn't know what to do except fiddle with the leads or bash the starter with a hammer. Yes i am new to mechanics. P.S i do appreciate everyones help

96 vs commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
i said to tap the starter yet we don't know if he has tried that. Its actually unclear what he has tried.
I've stated everything i HAVE done not my problem if you can't be bothered to read the whole thing mate

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've stated everything i HAVE done not my problem if you can't be bothered to read the whole thing mate
I read all your posts smart arse and you haven't told us you hit the starter motor. You have tried SFA according to what you have told us. Do you want help or not because if you hang **** on those trying to help everyone will leave leave you to work it out yourself.