Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please help ?

vy low

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
i was just wondering where the best place to run my amp cables and rca cables is and where the best place is to put my fuse ?

and also how do i remove my door trimsto put some splits in ?

also thanx for the reply from how to remove metal casing cos i now have a dvd screen in my car and its awesome

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
If you are running your cables to the boot, most people run them down the sides of the car under the kick panel strips. if you do it that way, make sure you run the power down one side and the rca down the other so you dont get interference. I just have the power fuse in the engine bay, near the battery.
There is a thread for taking door trims off, just do a search.

vy low

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
i kinda meant where through the fire wall do i go to get it to the kick panel strips ?

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Remember to keep the fuse within 45cm of the battery, the closer the better as there is less unprotected wire.

There should be a rubber grommet on the left side of the engine as your facing the car. Feed your cable through here. Next to Brake booster on VS but someone else can be more model specific, it should be pretty obvious if you look.

vy low

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
what about the kick panel strips how do i remove them as well ?

vy low

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
could someone please help me ?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
ok, i'm not sure what it's like on the vy, but on the VS, if you have an automatic there's a big old clutch grommet that is unused (oval in shape, has no wires running through it). There is loads of space to run a power wire through there.

As for your kick panels, once again, i'm not sure on the vy, but on the VS they're simply clipped in place. probably 6 or so clips. wedge a screwdriver under there and try prying it up a bit. you might be able to see them. just use the prying action to release the clips. i broke one or two doing mine, but it still holds on fine. just be careful and you shouldn't have any issues. Let us know how you go. cheers, Bryce.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Prise up the kick panel strip with a flat screwdriver, under them are 4 spline headed bolts.
Just undo them(repeat for back door) and off they'll come!

vy low

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
i installed one amp for the splits and they are sick but just like to know how to get the rca cables and amp wire into the boot im thinking i have to take out part of the back seat or is the any other way to get it through there with out taking out the back seat ?

how do i take out part of the back seat if i have to or where is the alternative if there is one ?

Last edited:

kowan

Clayton's Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.aussiewholesalers.com
Members Ride
91 Clayton's Commodore/Toyota Lexcen
Not sure about the sedans but if you remove the lower back seat (Removing lower seat: push the front of the seat towards the back of the car and pull upwards) there should be a hole there on both sides to put the cables through