Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help....

LJay

Beware...Lady Driver :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Series II
SO I was out in my car trying to get the stupid glove box open (its stuck, not locked, just stuck and I need the wedding acceptance thats in there :( )

I try with my key, nothing, then I try with my hubbys key, mainly just using the blade as it was unclicking the lock, move my hand in a downward motion (the EXACT same motion I had been doing with my key) and the the stupid $%$%& thing breaks in half. I have the control part in my hand, and the other half is in the glove box lock still.

We only just replaced the remote parts of both the keys, anyone know the best place to head for a cheap new blade?

At the risk of sounding VERY girly, I'm going to write this anyway, I just wanna cry :cry:

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
I don't want to annoy you further but the "Power Key" is not for locking/unlocking the glove box. When you bought the car it should have come with a non-transmitting type of key (a simple metal key). This key is for locking the glovebox.

As for your problem, head to Mister Minute. They might be able to cut you a new blade OR go to your local GMH dealer. Neither are really cheap but they should be able to help you out. You might need your rego papers as proof of ownership of the car.

LJay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Series II
HaHA, yeah I know the 'power key' isn't for the glove box, but as I said I was just using it as its the right size to fill the lock in the glovebox, more like a lever I guess.

The glove box isn't actually locked either, I'm thinking the lock is broken, as only one side pops back out when I have something in the lock, the other side just sits there.

I bought the car second hand too...so no spare keys or glove box keys....

Thanks for your reply.....I was dreading that Mister Minute or GMH was the only option.

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
HaHA, yeah I know the 'power key' isn't for the glove box, but as I said I was just using it as its the right size to fill the lock in the glovebox, more like a lever I guess.

The glove box isn't actually locked either, I'm thinking the lock is broken, as only one side pops back out when I have something in the lock, the other side just sits there.

Ah, I see. Well the good news is unless you broke the transmitter as well, you can get just the blade cut - you do not need to outlay for an entire new key and head. The blades cost $30-40 from memory.

You may also want to get a new lock for your glovebox while you are it. I would imagine that the new lock will need to be keyed and I have no idea what that would involve though.

LJay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Series II
Funnily enough we spent about 3hrs last friday getting new transmitters for both our keys (my battery was flat and so my car wouldn't start), but as it was flat.....the machine couldn't read it, so had to stuff around to get the machine to read it....finally we did.

I was thinking $30-$40 was about right....

The glove box can wait though, haha I'll ring and accept in.....him having a key for his car is higher on my list of things to do today haha

Thanks again for your reply