Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help.

kizza_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pac
Hi i have a vx commodore s pac, and have 19" rims on it.... i know its not legal but is there anyway of making them legal.. like getting the guards rolled or taking to an engeneer...

What would i have to do to make it legal?

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
if its scrubbing (you can hear it rubbing on the tyres or its making them wear really strange) you will have to ge the guards rolled, as long as they're not catching or rubbing or doing anything stupid, getting the car engineered will stop the police from beating down on you for it.

hope that helps :)

kizza_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pac
Thanks does this mean i should have no problem getting the car insured if i have an engeneering certificate for the wheels?

how much on average for one of those anyway?

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
i thought as long as the tyre size is the same it didnt make any difference? is that just for Victoria? or is that completely false lol

-Michael-

Ooh Yeah.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
The law isnt 2 inches bigger.. thats a total myth and untrue

S packs come standard with 16s

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
The law isnt 2 inches bigger.. thats a total myth and untrue

S packs come standard with 16s

This man speaks the truth! No 2" rule exists. The wheel cannot be more than 1" WIDER than that of wheels fitted to that model or series (so no wider than 9" for VT/VX).

Also rolling diameter laws exist but as long as you matched the profile of tyre to the 19" (should be 35) rim, it'll be legal.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok... the 2 inch rule is not a myth... but it was scrapped and updated a good few years ago now in Vic anyway... pretty sure all states have conformed as it was a ADR regulation so across the board... but get a modification guide and look it up to be safe.

Now... the new rule... in VIC anyway... it that you can only increase the width of the wheel by a max of 25mm and the overall diameter of the TYRE by upto 15mm.

So 19's are fine so long as you have the right profile tyre, the right load rating and it doesn't scrap or foul any of the body or suspension in its operation.

So if you're scrubbing you need the guards rolled.

I had 19's on my VX II S back in the day and i needed to roll only one guard... which was the Left rear guard... but I did have SSSL springs in it which didn't help.

Alot of people have fitted 19's without any issues so as long as you get the right width and offset... you should be sweet.

As i said... confirm the regulations in your state by getting your hands on a modification guide but if its the same rules as VIC, you're apples.

Hope that helps and good luck