Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please please help

walterbrook19

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
have just dropped a vy supercharged into my series 2 vs ute. thought the pump was shot so ordered a new one. while waiting have a mate over. connect it all up outta the tank wiggle the fuel pump relay and she goes. nothing fuelled pump related. after having an auto elecy have a look. is definitely an onto it bloke. have had many recomend. i’m getting no power to the green and white wire under the fuel pump relay. nor am i where it exits the ecu. so bypass that and the pump runs. go to prime it up.( unlock before i start it as is what i did prior to the swap and it would start everytime, only cranks when i do unlock this) and the injectors won’t pulse. only get power. previous owner has replaced key barrel and key obviously as the rings off the there’s a boot button but i have a ute. i’m sorta thinking along the lines of key is telling bcm yeah start so let’s it crank but bcm tells ecu send no power to the fuel system/or not let it run. if i got an abd1 cable would i be able to override/bypass this issue. or any way of making it work with what i’ve got parts wise. not to worried on buying a cable scanner. or would i be able to go get a vs ecotec ecu plug in my mace vs no vats chip and get the bcm and key and barrel from the same car as ecu for it to run. surely there is a code stopping it and a way i can use what i’ve got. half doing it on a budget so any help would be much appreciated. have only lost fuel system and head unit power after the swap. yes am using an ecotec loom and doing it that way. my numbers 0477895104 for anyone who is keen on actually helping. please do t say vats or something. have quadruple checked everything!!!!!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The fuel pump on the VS is powered from the PCM and via the oil pressure switch. When you first turn the Key to the ON position the PCM will prime the fuel system for a few seconds and then stops, than, when you crank the engine and it builds oil pressure power is applied to the fuel pump relay to power the fuel pump. This is done for safety reasons (When the engine stops the fuel stops).

IF the old engine started fine and this one isn't and you aren't getting fuel try swapping over the oil pressure switch from the old motor.

I've attached a wiring diagram that hopefully will help.

Attachments

• VSV6 Auto Wiring Diagram.pdf
    118.3 KB · Views: 107

walterbrook19

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
fuckyess thanks heaps man. but is there anyway i can see if mine works before i change it. could be ring here have just about checked everything. would that also cause the injectors not to pulse but get power?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If you have access to a multi-meter of even a test light, hook it up between the battery ground and the oil pressure switch output at the relay base. Crank the motor and see if you get 12v once it builds oil pressure.

Also, the fuel pump relay is a 2 way relay and not a conventional relay so you need to ensure the correct one is used for the fuel pump.