Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please Please Please Read and Help me ! Oil Pressure Problem!!!

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Hmm maybe not, because yesterday before i got it towed. I turned on the car from a completely cold start ( hasnt been running since the day before ) and straight away
the oil pressure was stuck at zero with the engine sounding like a diesel and making loud clunking sounds... i gave it abit of a rev..nothing happened... so i gave it one
more powerful rev to about 4k rpm and boom it cleared the oil pressure started jumping up and the sounds dissapearing as the oil started to lubricate the engine
and after about 10 seconds all the sounds dissapeared... so im beginning to think its a clog or the pump playing around... Holden told me they will remove
the oil sump and check the pickup, and if its not that they will have a look at the pump because its a common problem that the pump starts failing...

I will keep you guys updated with what holden tells me and i have my fingers crossed its not gonna need a new motor !

Keep revving it without oil pressure and you WILL need a new engine.

VE1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Caprice V8
Well guys ive gotten an update from Holden. The manager of the service centre whos working on my car himself. Says that hes had about 50 or so cars with the exact same probem as mine, being alloytecs. Where the oil pressure would drop as the car warms up. He told me 99 percent sure that its some sort of O-Rings which are internally
within the engine will need about 5-6 hours to take apart the motor to get the that part and then put it back together. Im really sorry but i forgot exactly what he said
but its something got to do with when the car warms up it starts to suck in AIR instead of OIL which the reason why you loose pressure when it warms up. Well he said
it shouuld be done by Monday they will get started on it tonight or tommorow ! Fingers Crossed !

mattathm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Well make sure you post on here the exact cause. this stuff is helpful to know.
Ask for a break down of your invoice, so you cant report back to us.
cheers

at89

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 5.7L
hey mate,

a VE came into our shop with the same problem, no oil pressure, could hear him coming lol. first thing i did was remove the rocker cover gasket and check to see if the rockers have free play. the rockers are set from factory, they should be tight with a very slight movement up and down. this VE on cylinder 2 had about 10mm movement on the rocker, turned out that the hydraulic lifter had collapsed, the roller on the bottom had broken therefore the pushrod was sitting lower and not putting pressure on the rocker. because the lifter was gonskies, the oil was slipping right past it, causing no oil pressure. i suggest you remove the rocker covers and check all rockers for excessive movement.

lifters are a common fault.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Some mysterious o-ring buried deep within the engine which causes the engine to suck air instead of oil when the engine warms up....hmmm....anyone smell that??

The only thing that can suck in air instead of oil is the pickup tube. And that can happen when you literally have no oil in the engine or the clearance is not correct.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
it'll be suck on this-or take that (with a pineapple)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!