Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plenuim cover

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I just got a few questions

Firstly how do u remove the plenuim cover, cus i want to give it a good clean out, is hard easy and what will i need ect.

Secondly is it possible to polish the cover to make it look nice n shiny or is it just easier to buy a polished plenuim lid cover thing.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
All you will need is a 10mm socket to first remove the 4 nuts that hold on the plastic ecotec engine cover. Then you need to remove the 8 black bolts that hold on the plenum lid with an allen key which is either 5 or 6 mm from memory. There is heaps of products that will be suitable to do the cleaning but id recommend carby cleaner and do your throttle body while your at it. Polishing the lid yourself will be far cheaper than buying one if you have the tools. Just involves alot of time sanding with wet and dry all through the grades and then polishing to a shine with a buffing wheel and polishing compound.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
oh ok yeah ive alrdy taken the cover off so thats done, and done my tb on monday, i dont have any of the stuff to sand it with or really the time :( where wud i get a polished one if i wanted it?

commomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
Only from own experiments, lots of sanding, start with a 380 and work your way to a wet and dry about 3000 and then a polishing compound. Not like professional finsh, but comes up smooth and shiny. Make the time, its there

commomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
sorry dude. maybe get another cover to practice on and ask a workshop how they woud go about it you will find out what it is all about. Expand your knowledge.

Where is your far nrth qld?