Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plenuim cover

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
well i took if off today n cleaned it i only took the lid off n wiped it out btw, but i noticed a few screws in the bottom of the plenum, would just the plenum come off if i took them off or wud i have to undo all other stuff, wud make it alot easier if i cud just take the whole plenum off

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
the manifold is in 2 parts top part is the plenum and the bottom part is the runners.

u can remove the bolts and it will unbolt the plenum, but the injectors will come with em coz the fuel rail is bolted to the bottom of it. its not hard but you'll have to remove the bolts then the plenum will come away.

if you do this, the plenum bolts have an unthreaded part in the middle, allowing you to unscrew them part of the way, with out unscrewing them out from the plenum. (bolt head, thread, rod with no thread, then finally thread.

lordmuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 WM Caprice 3.6L V6 SIDI
well i took if off today n cleaned it i only took the lid off n wiped it out btw, but i noticed a few screws in the bottom of the plenum, would just the plenum come off if i took them off or wud i have to undo all other stuff, wud make it alot easier if i cud just take the whole plenum off

I have written a write up of how to get the plenum chamber off and clean it properly. It has lots of pics so it should help you understand how it all fits together. You can find it here:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-holden-commodore-1997-2002/93638-howto-replacing-fuel-injectors-cleaning-plenum-chamber-vt-commodore.html

I hope that helps.