Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plenum swapping between ecotec models - Need help with sensors/valves

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Ok well that really is strange. Only possibility I can think of is that setup has been retrofitted to a VT onwards at some point??? All the feature there suggest VS, i.e pcv location, gasket types, coolant sensor/sender, metal body injectors, fuel rails. Does the egr valve hole look original?? I suppose it does'nt really matter as you say because all you have to do now is weld up that hole to get it to work for you. The VS utes (including the later series 3 models) never ran the egr valve setup. The VT body was the first to use this. Likewise with the injectors, vt was the first to use the plastic bodied injectors (which have 4 holes in the pintle cap). Are you going to port-match and polish this manifold setup or something a little more customised?

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
The EGR hole looks very original... I've attached a pic of the other side of it. Yeah the injects are metal bodied but as I said they've got 4 holes in the cap???
I've been throwing around the idea of cross ramming it (in which case, all plenum features will mean squat anyway :p)... but realistically that is gonna be an expensive and time consuming exersise and if I'm honest with myself it will probably end up being ported and polished.

Attachments

• 1 Plenum EGR.jpg
    1 Plenum EGR.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 225

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Yeah i'd say thats definately original. I'm leaning now towards thinking it may be from an early vt series 1, using some of the factory leftover vs parts???? Have you seen the Walker cross-ram ecotec manifold? I can get you some pics if you like, I live round the corner from the guy who made them. Good luck with it.

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
I've got this pic of it... If you have any others I'd love to see them! This manifold is sexy! The only issue I have with it, is it looks as though it would block access to the rocker covers when you need to remove them. I'd love to see one installed on a car

Attachments

• walkerV6intakemanifold.jpg
    walkerV6intakemanifold.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 524

CoMrAdE MaRx23

CoMrAdE MaRx23
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 1995
God damn thatz one hot looking manifold!

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
I've got this pic of it... If you have any others I'd love to see them! This manifold is sexy! The only issue I have with it, is it looks as though it would block access to the rocker covers when you need to remove them. I'd love to see one installed on a car

I'll see if Anthony has any more pics of it for you. And yes the plenum chambers on this manifold almost sit on the rocker covers. This needed to be done so that it could be fitted under a standard bonnet without the need for a bulge. The alternator also needs to be relocated. Im still trying to track down a pic of one installed too, but im pretty sure he only ever sold around three of them, so they're a bit rare unfortunately.