Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pls help:Water leak passenger side floor

scottyz999

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore exe
Hi guys, having a problem with a water leak on the passenger side floor. Its really killing me.. every time i hop in the car after we've had rain it stinks like crap.

Wondering if i can get some help?

Its hard to know where the water it is coming in from.. all i know is that it is ending up underneath the carpet and is soaking through.

I have checked the drain holes underneath the door and they are free flowing and fine.

Could it be the very corner of the windcreen seal? Cos mine didnt seem to be stuck down all that well and was a bit craddy.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

VT_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Been having this same baffling problem myself when the car sits in the rain for a few hours (rh/s passenger floor). Lately we've had some torrential rain & now it's both the passenger & drivers floor.
I did the powder trick & although it took a while for any results, it finally started a steady flow of water from the bottom of the driver's door. I noticed when I opened the door after hosing, a lot of water seems to get trapped down there (similar to how the boot seals trap water).
So I concentrated on that area & sure enough, the water started overflowing the rubber seal on the body & into the car. The seal looks fine though so I'm not sure yet how to tackle it (I might even make some holes in the body seal so the water runs back out).

It did take a while before it showed where the leak was originating so if you're trying the powder trick & nothing's happening, keep at it, because it will eventually happen if it's leaking from anywhere.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
It's either your door seals or there is a grommet that leads to the engine bay through the fire wall in the passenger foot well.

Jarrad

Sherminator
Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver Ex Cop VX Wagon
VT_69, what is this powder trick you speak of? I think I have exactly the same problem as you.

timc83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
It'll be the air con drain tube blocked, very common in these hotter days. the drain tube is located above the gearbox on the passingers side, stick a peice if wire (with the end folded over, so you dont pock a holde in the drain tube) in the tube and all this crap and water will come out.