Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plug Gap ?

A

amshaw

I know there MUST be something about plug gap's here somewhere but I did a few search's and couldent find anything ?? Im sorry if I missed it !

What is the prefured gap for a 5L VR SS ? (I just added the SS just in case there is any slight diff between stock & SS). A few yrs back I had a V6 VN and I read somewhere to close the gap up to about 1mm from memory. it seemed to run alot smoooother

What brand of Spark plug's do you guy's use ? I use NGK because when I had a ski boat they lasted a lot longer before breaking down etc, dont like champion and Bosch are OK, better than champ anyway, any takers ??

Regards
Andrew

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Like you Amshaw I've always used NGK and never had any problems. You can also play around with cooler type plugs combined with running high density fuels (Optimax etc) and see how you go. It's something you have to guess and check though to get right.

From vague memory I used to run around 0.9mm in the 304 and torque them up to 20nm. This was whilst running BP Ultimate and recommended by the shop that dyno tuned my car.

Jake.