Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plz help VR radiator fan not working

azzaisme

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore series 2 bt1
i am having the same trouble with my car overheating but car is getting 2 3 quarters in secs have replaced thermo gasket etc took it for a drive and still overheating

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
are you sure its overheating? i mean have you jumped out and checked the hoses to see if they are hot/tight? could be something as simple as the gauge sender(as the vrs hav 2 seperate ones. one for the ecu and one for the gauge.) or major like a stuffed thermostat or water pump. try what is sugested above and let us know

Gthayes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr ute, Vz storm, Vz v6 ute
Low oil level will also cause the overheat. As mine did today.also noticed my rad fan is shot to but is of no consequence as I will just keep on top up my fluids fortnightly.

A.C.COOKIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 93
I have had to replace my fan as the motor itself **** itself they burn out after 20 odd years, and one more piece that goes hand in hand with what the others have said make sure the coolant is actually full, I know this sounds normal but if you are running with the old buick engine there is a bleeder screw up near the water pump and whaen fillng you must have this open or it will allow an airpocket in the fluid and will heat up abit quicker.