Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PM spam

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I just got a PM from a member which has just signed up and made zero posts :oops: The contents of the PM was a link to an inappropriate site and the spam link was removed by the system/moderator while the thread itself was closed to new replies :) I think the whole of the PM thread should have been binned and this new member turfed :p

The PM was from @emvidinaph and there was no method to report this PM to mods (that I could see) hence this thread post.

Many other forums limit PM and some other activities until there is some legit posting history. Is this something that JC used to do and something which has been lost over the various upgrades or just some config oversight?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I just got a PM from a member which has just signed up and made zero posts :oops: The contents of the PM was a link to an inappropriate site and the spam link was removed by the system/moderator while the thread itself was closed to new replies :) I think the whole of the PM thread should have been binned and this new member turfed :p

The PM was from @emvidinaph and there was no method to report this PM to mods (that I could see) hence this thread post.

Many other forums limit PM and some other activities until there is some legit posting history. Is this something that JC used to do and something which has been lost over the various upgrades or just some config oversight?
There onto it https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/conversation-spammers.287994/

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
I received the same message and reported.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Given near enough to 300 members overnight no easy fix other than to ban them one by one - getting there and think making a dent in them.

Have only limited privileges to the for sale section from fairly early on, other restrictions have not been in place to the best of my knowledge.