Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pockets Jr VX II Commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Ok, so making this more serious.

Make: Holden
Model: VXII Commodore Executive (Ex Police)
Name: Kimberley
Colour: Heron White
Wheels: Enforcers
Rubber: 215/65r15 Back, 205/65r15 front
Engine: Ecotec V6 3.8LT
KW: Considerably less then when it was new
Diff: LSD
Interior: Very old
K's: 200'000

Mods:
Few bits of custom paint x.X
Nolathane Bushes
Mace Cold Air Intake

Future Mods:
Big fat tires
MOAR NONATHANE
Plenum Spacer
Silicone intake piping
Exhaust system

Mace Wish List:
Manifold Insulator
Plenum Spacer
Bored Throttle Body

Notes:
In recent times, most of the money I have spent on this car has been to restore it a good working order, as her last owner was abusive. Most of the modifications I do want to do to her are in chasing better fuel economy. This may not be important to you, but it is to me.

Pictures:

March 2011:
MyCar.jpg

July 2011
IMG_3187.jpg

Moar to come!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
:O Whats next! Well today I was speaking with aluminium welders (Who are generally quite rude). The conses is, is that an aluminium bar will not break the sump bolt off.
So next week I will be cutting the nut off with a hak saw, and drilling out the hole, then flushing a screw load of oil through the car to get rid of any bits of metal that may be in there. Also will probably make a how too on doing it...
Any last words?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Hahahahaha, your write ups have made me laugh mate.
Good luck with the VX mate, white is always a good colour to start with....
I would buy some center caps and dress rings for your stockies to clean it up a bit.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah definatly want to get the center caps. I was seriously considering the dress rims.. But its all Ex Squad so I kinda want to make it look that way... But they would look sweet with dress rims.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok! Well now I have left QLD and am in NSW... Thank F for that. Still havn't done the oil, but now have a tap kit, so one step closer. Also going back to school! And things have changed so I should have a bit more money to spash at the car, which is good because rego is due at the end of the month. Anywho, baught a Lukey High Flow Pannel filter. And from Hervey Bay to Armidale, did the whole 735K trip (Did a few uturns) on just 60LT of fuel... So pretty half happy with that. I'm pretty sure it would have gotten to 800, and probably more if I didn't drive like a #### head for the first part of the trip untill a Coppa pulled me over for traveling 114 in a 100 zone and let me off with a warning... Few... Anywho... Probably will get some cut and wax and such and clean her up and go from there. Very soon going to put an m15 1.75 bolt in the sump to change the oil, was going to go BIGGER then the sump bolt, but have decided to go smaller incase I stuff something up. Though I have a theory that I can get it out by filing down two sides of the bolt a bit, and using stilsons... Either way I need the actuall bolt head off so it works if it does, and it works if it doesn't because the bolt head will snap off... Weeewwwww And Yes... A how too will follow if I am successfull... Else you will get a how too on "How to #### your sump"

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hervey Bay is ok :p Better then what I make it out to be, worse then what people make it out to be. Didn't tap it.. Got some compound to repair the thread, then took to it with a cold chizel.. That WORKED. So I got the bolt out and the thread was intack -.- Bye bye 35 dollars. Put in some new oil and a new filter, drove around for a bit, put in engine flush, ran the engine for 30 minuets, trained that out, new filter, and then put in new oil (Magnatec, the most expensive **** I could find)

Doing the boots on my controle arm today and searching for th wheel shudder (Either the controle arm ball joint, or the front hydroli bush), fixing that, and then pink slip (Or is it green slip?) on monday, rego before the 30th, and then off my P's and onto my blacks! WOOT!

Thats the way I plan it anyway.. Pretty sure all my tires are ok, my worst tire has wear on the outside, but there is 4mm of tread left... And you can't get it below 2mm? I think thats the rule. Regardless I am going to rotate my wheels and replace the most worn one with the spare!

Reaction score
Members Ride
rshfdiu Frakk me

So Removed the side strips (Photos to come soon) And I want some advice... I am going to be putting on those blue silicon pipes for my intake, and I was wondering, do you think I paint my engine cover... Or should I polish my plenum cover. I eventually want to get a plenum spacer from Mace.

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
Hey mates funny thread, nice VX too it looks the goods !

Now about that engine cover, I'd remove it and polish the plenium cover, will look ally neater, the ecotec engine cover is to say the least .... Gay lol

More pics of the car man

P.s keep the chaser rims as they are, no hub caps for the love of god

Reaction score
Members Ride
Alright, Ill look into polishing up the old girl (So happy someone made up my mind for me :p)

More picks to come this sunday (I think). By then I would have finished getting rid of the crap on the windows, will have washed and waxed her (Already cut and polished), and will have finished re-spraying my rims!

Also the Caps I am thinking about the Enforcer Center Caps.. I don't know how to explain them :p