Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filter-easy as

jacko666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive V6
Had pods on all my cars-so easy to put on a V6!!
Simply take out the standard box (this leaves room for air horns) and last short bit of length from main black pipe.
Put on pod and tighten.
Bend the length of holed soft steel strap that comes with pod so one end slips in the front lip of pod.
bend to shape and fasten ontp left upper bolt from where standard air filter box was. Finished!!!
Had it on for 12 months and no probs.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
double post but meh, this has gone cold anyway.

u noticed much with ure pod filter on? coz im debating wether to get a CAI or Pod, this is one of those arguments that could go on forever - just like ford vs holden...

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah, i think ill go with CAI and maybe modify the setup like kinkbikes later...

H

HATER VP

Dont worry about the warm air intake. Get a CAI with K&N Filter.
Dont bother with CAI into a pod.

timmy_tam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais 91
and why excatly is taht hatervp?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
It's hard to notice the difference in response with the pod in a v6, because you've got so much power already, the increase in throttle response is negligible. But when I whacked the pod on my old 4cyl 626, I noticed an -instant- jump in throttle pickup, and an easier rev up past 4000. Even my mate noticed it from the passenger seat. The difference was especially noticible with a 2" exhaust on.

On the commodore, I noticed very little difference, if any, when I put the pod on. If I ever get a performance exhaust I'll try the pod again, though. That's probably the only time it's really worth risking the EPA infringement.

andrewownsavp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5.0ltr
shouldnt fit pod filters because it sucks hot air from inside the engine bay and can uppset your ecu better off getting the cold air intake for 80 and get a kn filter