Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod filter idea

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
For the almost zilch increase in performance or petrol saving, its not worth the effort. Look for something else to spend your $ and time on.

ouch, thats harsh, lol.
seriously though, once you've got some other mods under you belt and need some better air flow it DOES work.

ThongyVL

Reaction score
Website
www.thongysautoparts.com
Members Ride
97 VS Acclaim
Cold Air Intake will give you more power than a pod sucking in hot air. So go the CAI for more power, the more COLD air you can get the more Horses. I can get you a CAI for a V6 for $48
V8 for $39
All Brand new genuine Holden parts

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
a pod will give better throttle responce and possibly a slight increase in peak power(but a good panel filter will do this also but not as well as a pod) and the CAI will definitly help with the power as well. the biggest restriction in the engine will always be the valves in the head so this is always going to be the limiting factor in making power. a shielded pod with CAI definitly can't hurt and if the pod is shielded properly and fixed it shouldn't get defected either. if you want to keep the standard look, HSV do an airbox thats fitted with a pod in some of there lastest models but i don't know how much work would be involved in fitting one of these into a VS as there is some differences in the body work where the box is mounted etc. good luck and let us know how you go, post some picks so others can get some ideas on how to do theirs etc

COMMYBASTED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore Acclaim
Question

What about a mod to the bonnet over the pod with a heat shield enclosure around the base and sides. Only problem is making it look any good plus the cost. could the pod be moved from the stock position and placed, for instance in the middle of the engine bay and under a scoop???

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
What about a mod to the bonnet over the pod with a heat shield enclosure around the base and sides. Only problem is making it look any good plus the cost. could the pod be moved from the stock position and placed, for instance in the middle of the engine bay and under a scoop???

A member on here has a buick with twin throttles mounted to the top of the plenum facing upwards, with a foam filter on top of each sticking up inside a scoop through a hole in the bonnet.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
its been done, I wrote a HOWTO on it, which turned into a debate, which ended with me ditching my hard work and going for a K&N panel filter.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
I live in constant fear, that one day someone here is going to suggest something like I saw the other day. A dude putting chunks of dry ice in his air box, assuming it would make the air extra cold and dense.

I of course let him run with it, knowing full well what would happen. That was almost a week ago... no doubt he still wonders why it didn't start.

But I digress... if your going to do a POD setup, then please please please get some sheet metal and ducting, and make it properly. And if you don't ditch your bloody accordian hoses, I shall ridicule you.

You have been warned!