Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod filter in my 91 vn berlina

TUFF_VN

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VN Berlina
hey... i have been contemplating whether to put a Pod filter in my 91 vn berlina... but i've heard that i could get power loss if i put it in. i have already got a VS cold air intake and a K&N panel filter... should i get the pod or stick wif what i've got????

:driving:

Last edited:

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Do a search. This topic is covered a couple of times a week.
Most people will say (including me) to keep the cai and panel filter. The filter flows more than enough for most engines, and gets a constant supply of nice cold air...well colder than in the engine bay anyway

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
i agree, the only way a pod will be better is if you enclose it in a box and have some corregated flexi pipe running from behind the bumper to supply colde air.

but you are best staying with what you got

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
use the money to get a tune from greenfoam

Tibokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Wagon
where the best place to get a Cold Air Intake anyway? I want one for my VN and the places Ive seen that have them sell them $400 plus, which seems like a bit of a rip. How much did you guys pay for your CAIs?

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
a vs s/c v6 cai is about 50 bucks from holden, bolts up to your existing airtbox with minor mods.

The gm product is pretty **** werak anyway i wouldnt call it the best cai out there, get some 55-60mm hose and spend some time making a setup directed from the front bumper bar to the airbox, they can be very discreet, neat and yield just as much power as a gm cai.