Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filter On A Vs?

1996_Vs_Commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 Vs
How could i put a pod filter on my vs and do without the wire that runs to the original air filter box? I've put a pod filter on my car before and all i got was the engine light non stop until i put the standard set up back in. Can anyone help me so i can have the pod filter on please. Cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha you need to drill a hole in the plastic intake pipe and mount the airtemp sensor in it thats normally in the airbox.you can mount it in the pod adaptor as well pretty easy.

t-rav

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
just buy a cold air intake off of ebay
should be able to get it for around $70-$100 then get a K&N panel filter $90-$100
This will deliver colder air to your engine and will make your engine bay ALOT more tidy =)

other wise drill away ...

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
i agree mate cold air and hi flo panel for sure. i got a genuine s/c cold air intake and k&n panel filter for $150 posted on ebay :)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
as posted, u have 3 options

haha you need to drill a hole in the plastic intake pipe and mount the airtemp sensor in it thats normally in the airbox.you can mount it in the pod adaptor as well pretty easy.

i agree mate cold air and hi flo panel for sure. i got a genuine s/c cold air intake and k&n panel filter for $150 posted on ebay :)

3. pod filter in the airbox, but thats another debate, for another day ;)

thats it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs commodore v6 3.8l
ive heard of a sensor you can buy that plugs into the wires and it reads the air temp a bit lower apparently the stock sensor reads it higher than what the air temp actually is to save on fuel dont know if its true or not but like ive said ive heard of it and seen it done dont know if its and good or not

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
ive heard of a sensor you can buy that plugs into the wires and it reads the air temp a bit lower apparently the stock sensor reads it higher than what the air temp actually is to save on fuel dont know if its true or not but like ive said ive heard of it and seen it done dont know if its and good or not

Thread digg??

however those sensors are ****...they do more harm then good and i dont see how making your car think its cooler then it is can save fuel as you will be useing more fuel