Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

POD Filter Piping

Swiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
My car currently has a POD filter that has stock plastic piping from the airbox meaning it is very loose and unsecure (also doesnt have any sort of bracket). Was wondering if anyone knew were I could buy stainless piping to make it secure and non defectable. VX 3.8L
By 'buying' I mean online specfically

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Stainless that big and that long will be pricey and I doubt there is anything off the shelf. You'd be better off making your own bracket with some flat bar or metal strapping, AFIAK the only way to make it non defectable is to have it enclosed. Doesn't really have a whole lot of benefit over the panel filter, particularly for this use.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
If you still have your OEM airbox put it back on and do the 2 hole mod with a little shrouding

Whilst your car may make more noise now with a pod, it may make less powers than stock

For some old data and a LOL or 2 >

Disclaimer: this is assuming you don't succumb to marketing or do like to look at poor engineering practices every time you life the bonnet

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Better off with a Mace CAI. They make a decent improvement on the V6. Pod without enclosure will be sucking hot air.

H

harrop.senator

Better off with a Mace CAI. They make a decent improvement on the V6. Pod without enclosure will be sucking hot air.

Also the fact it sounds like a Dyson on idle without an enclosure haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Put the airbox back on or buy a proper kit like a MACE one etc.

POD filters need to be enclosed or you'll end up going backwards in power, all your doing is sucking in hot air from the engine.