Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filter

WJD634

WJD634
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
About 2 months ago i replaced my air intake with a custom set up but now its making a lot of noise. I cut a hole in the side of my air box and ran a 90mm pvc pipe down to the bottom of the car and hidding in the bumper to bring cold air into the box. To get it to breather better i replaced the panel filter with a pod filter and enclosed it all in the stock air box. The air intake works well, great throttle response etc. but it makes alot of noise. By placing my head in the engine bay i could hear the main noise coming form the plenum chamber. I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem or knows how to fix it apart from putting the stock filter back on. i know they are meant to produce a sucking noise but mine is really loud on idle and i don't think this is normal. i can hear a noise from the filter but its no where near as loud as the one coming form the plenum chamber. please help me lol

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
V6 ecotecs make a lot of induction noise with a pod. its a good thing! well i used to think it sounded good when i had a V6 and pod. noise means air flow.

WJD634

WJD634
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
yeah true, i might put the ecotec cover back on and see if that will dampen the noise a little bit. thanks for the reply.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
Its becasue the highflow filter doesnt muffle the sound of the motor sucking air into th plenum. the only way to fix it and keep the pod is to enclose it. alternatively you can put the stock air box back on and put a high flow in there but it will still be a bit noisy.

WJD634

WJD634
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
i have it enclosed in the stock air box :( might try and seal it all in a bit better and make sure there aren't any air leak. Thanks for the replies guys

ps. love the aviator vnv8driver lol