Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filters?

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
VLDavo said:
in my opinion pods are crap and jus suck in hot air...... stick with an airbox and cai and a highflow panel filter... it works great and is legal :)

they're not illealge... providing it dosnt breech epa restrictions...
mine passed through a road worthy with one on and so have alot of people. some cops will tell you it is... but they're full of SH&* tell them to prove it...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
aaaaaaaaaargh stop wasting your money on silly things that make you go slower.

1. VN V6's don't breath enough air to make any use whatever from a pod or even a K@N filter over a good flowing paper one.

2. Air intake temp makes 10 times more difference to power than any extra uneeded flow ever will.

3. SS inductions isn't as good as a heat gun modified VS SC holden one and they only cost 60 bucks, seal the joins with tape as you dont want any heat whatever to come from the engine bay.

Even better than the factory cai setup would be a CAI that has an inlet right in the front bumper but I haven't seen anyone do that

D

drans_vp

im just about to. i'm going to cut a hole under the filter box and im going to run pipe down just behind the bumper.

prince_dj666

hypo v6
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2112842/1
soooo many arguements in cai vs pod... *shakes head. so much talk from these types of thread. this is what i experienced

i have had both pod and a vs cai kit..

cai is ****.. lack of flow seem it was sufficated
had a pod.. good response up high. didnt suck much hot air as it was right behind the front light. pop yr hood and feel there when engine is turned on.. not really warm at all....

then later i cut a hole in the panel and fitted a flexi hose from my vx fog light hole (i have a vx kit) through the panel and through the bottom on my air box with a kn filter. ripped off vs cai and taped the gap on the bottom air box. works a treat.

however all this talk bout "cai n pod" is basically "each to their own". its a difference not really worrying about. just makes a car breath and respond better. not going to make yr car do 12sec quarters from it

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
PaRaDoX616 said:
they're not illealge... providing it dosnt breech epa restrictions...
mine passed through a road worthy with one on and so have alot of people. some cops will tell you it is... but they're full of SH&* tell them to prove it...

jus becasue it passed roady doesnt mean its not illegal i know a few mechanics who just pass it becasue they dont care..... and it is not epa u need to worry about....i dont think the epa will give to ****s about a 3.6 liter vn with a pod.... the pods fall under ADR rules and regulations...virtualy if its not from the factory or meet australian design rules and u have no engeneers cert a cop can defect you :)

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
If you can prove to them it's not performance enhancing then no cop will defect you. Yes anything you modify on you cars should have an engineers cert but for pods most cops will not care. Tell a copper it lowers your engines temperature at idle and is not for performance. (even though on every pod is says performance air filter) lol....

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
savage1987 said:
You make me sick . . . *turns away in disgust*

I don't know what sort of VN you have, but mine certainly isn't 3.6L!!

:wax: :wax: :wax:

3.8L lol i correct myself sorry for slipping on the keyboard lol ..........

and i certainly dont have a 3.8L wouldnt even waste my time lol :)

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Hey why are the knew commodores 3.6 litre??? better fuel consumption or what??