Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filters?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I have a couple of pictures of the airbox somewhere.... might be hard to find unless I've named it SV90 or something but I'll try

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
yeah i had a look today and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the pipe to the bar without just cutting the hole. looked at morton's thread but it didn't really help me, hard to see what's going on down low. i don't really want to cut a hole :p

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
pod filters are crap if you live in a dusty environment. They let a lot of fine dust through. I'm guessing it would be better to install a K&N and modify the inlet a little?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Most Pod filters use the same stuff as K&N I refuse to use that kind of cotton filter anywhere other than the track, they let in heaps of crap. But you can get oiled foam filters and they are good, that's the kind of thing they use on off road cars

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
K&N recommend usinga foam cover with there filters for very dusty enviroments. certainly for a very dusty enviroment especially that very fine dust that can be very abbrasive a standard ryco paper filter would be ideal

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
As you know (apart from today) it doesn't rain alot anymore over here, everywhere is dust :p all the time. It's a bit disturbing how much crap a foam filter will grab out of the air in a very short time. The same air is going through other filters yet they dont get anywhere near as dirty so you have to wonder where all that missing dirt went :)

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
When I bought my car it came with a k&n podfilter, without a enclosed box. I quickly changed it to a CAI system and seems to run a lot better performance wise and fuel wise.

I think a lot of people go the pod because of the "noise" it makes, a good cai will just sound as good. Thats my 2 cents

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
i made up a custom enclosure for my pod and used the otr cai unit 4 a 5L and it works really well and best part it only cost me $50 cause i brought the car with the k&n pod already on it and found a road sign and cut it up and polished it up and brought a $30 cai from holden and $20 piece of pipe from the truck repairs and a bit of muckin round and done :D

Attachments

• 25042009(006).jpg
    25042009(006).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 25042009(005).jpg
    25042009(005).jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 25042009(007).jpg
    25042009(007).jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 131

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i made up a custom enclosure for my pod and used the otr cai unit 4 a 5L and it works really well and best part it only cost me $50 cause i brought the car with the k&n pod already on it and found a road sign and cut it up and polished it up and brought a $30 cai from holden and $20 piece of pipe from the truck repairs and a bit of muckin round and done :D

nice job!! :thumbsup:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
ditch the K&N pod they flow less than a K&N panel filter wildcat pods flow more than both thats what i run.