Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod gauges

DrownInMilo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr statesman
Hey guys, looking at putting a few saas gauges in my vr (ones that aren’t in the dash) I’ve researched how to hook them up and it seems fairly straightforward, my one question is where is the ignition wire in the dash that you’re apparently supposed to splice them into? Do I need to pull the ignition barrel out or is the one closer to the ecu I can use? Also on an unrelated note does anyone know is the saas analog gauges are backlit?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
You don't need to grab it feom the ignition, you just need a feed from an ignition switched power source. Some of the feeds under the dash fuse block are ignition switched.

You can tap into one of those for powering up thr gauges. Radio, cig lighter etc.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ciggy lighter circuit is the easiest, but normally I have a look at the fuse panel under the steering column and see if there are any open circuits from the ignition feed then I put a spade terminal in the open fuse with a inline fuse to feed the new gauges.