Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

POD inside airbox

P

Phantom

i originally did have just a k and n pod, and then i realised it was sucking only hot air. I went out and bought the supercharged VS CAI, but i am wondering whether i can still use my pod in the original airbox? will it fit, work as well as a panel filter, be any good at all????

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
I do believe it would work to a certain extent, but the pod will probably not work to its optimum proformance as it's unable to intake air from all directions.

Don't know if all that work worth it for such a small gain :unsure:

Check out this thead

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=4991&page1

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I remember that thread, l thought it was a good idea at the time. At the moment l'm still sticking with my standard CAI setup. I'm contemplating adding another duct but l don't think my car is "demanding" any extra air. I'm still saving for a lumpy cam instead....

V

vs_family_wagon

modify stock air box

yes pod filters suck in hot air, therefore decrease performance. Best bet is to modify stock air box to alllow more cold air in. That is extend the inlet to the opening in the front bumper and widen it. Prob small gain in response but aint worth the effort really