Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pods and loud???!?!?!

n32bp30n3r1

Reaction score
Members Ride
stock VX executive.
1.)i just fitted on a pod onto my v6 exec (Vx) and as people claim the induction sounds really good, i agree it sounds good but in my car i can only hear it wn its in park lol ... so any ideas wat myt make it louder?

2.) i went to pitstop because i wanted to get a quote on a 'sports exhaust system' which i thot was a load of crap they expect me to pay 600buks which i personally think is a joke because i have heard you can get better sound for cheaper so how would i be able to do that.? and how much would it cost?

cheers guis. reply asap lol :D cant waet i luv holdens :D:D

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
umm, you cant really make a pod suck louder... well without a turbo :p, also, i just fitted a sports exhaust myself, it cost me $208... and i got about 3 quote from shops around $280 - $350 fitted. so if you know how to di it yourself its cheap as. otherwize, dont pay a cent over $350 for a quality sports exhaust (cat back)

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
you can make it sound louder by increasing the velocity of air passing through the pod entrance by using a smaller diameter pipe, but its useless really its just a restriction :p

GLITRES

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 6 litre
Mate, throw the pod out and put back the stock one, all the pod is doin is sucking in hot air from around the engine bay.
At least the stock one was suckin cold/normal air from over the radiator.
The only way a pod is good is if you get some pipe and run it straight down so it suck air from under the car.
Just put back the normal air intake and buy a good K&N filter for the box. I think they cost 100bucks or so, but it better than a pod.

sxc_sound- where about you from? looking at getting one for myself..

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Mate, throw the pod out and put back the stock one, all the pod is doin is sucking in hot air from around the engine bay.
At least the stock one was suckin cold/normal air from over the radiator.
The only way a pod is good is if you get some pipe and run it straight down so it suck air from under the car.
Just put back the normal air intake and buy a good K&N filter for the box. I think they cost 100bucks or so, but it better than a pod.

sxc_sound- where about you from? looking at getting one for myself..

Correct. Although the standard holden filter is MORE than ok for a stocko 6.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
i get the feeling this guys under 18

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
lol spend a few months on here and u will see

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Pods are good in a DECENT front bar CAI set up, but just sitting in the engine bay (as already said) they are useless and do nothing for performance as all they do is suck in hot air.

Better off with an OTR CAI with a panel filter. Pod's and sucking noise is just wank factor unless that's all you want.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
mines modified to sit insde the original airbox with the lid sealed and the air coming from over the radiator. The sensor is modified also. It sits inside the pipe.

My only restriction is the size of the pipe over the radiator.

Cant hear my pod though.... anyone would think its standard.