Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poking hole in rubber grommet for power lead

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Brycestro, I don't know if it will fit either. But if your running 0ga....why on gods green earth do you need to run two?!

If it looks like a tight fit...remember...KYJelly :D

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I ended up running my power cable through the passenger side grommet - couldn't even see the clutch one! Much easier to do than on my VN... It's held in place by 5 or 6 plastic tabs on the inside of the car that I just pressed inwards with my fingers and then pushed on the grommet and it came out. I then drilled a pilot hole with a 1.5mm bit, then again with a 5mm bit and then with an 8mm bit... Put some hand gel soap stuff on it to lubricate it and the power cable (8ga) just went straight through!

It was really a very easy install, although having done it in the VN I've sort of come to the conclusion that if it's too hard, remove more trim :D Fortunately I had to remove barely any trim!

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
12Voltking said:
Brycestro, I don't know if it will fit either. But if your running 0ga....why on gods green earth do you need to run two?!

If it looks like a tight fit...remember...KYJelly :D

Lol ironically it's actually working out cheaper for me to run 0 gauge than 2 or 4 gauge. One's going to the Soundstream PCA3500D and the other is there to supply power to my 4 channel and leave three spare outputs on the distribution block for other random stuff later down the track.

I'll have to take the grommet off and have a look for myself if nobody happens to have taken any pictures when they did theirs. KY Jelly - ah your still a 15 year old teenager deep down aren't you :p.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
i dont have any pics but its not hard to miss.. stand at front of car and look just behind the right side of the brake booster. its should be an oval shape if i can remember

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Yes, it's oval shape and will have NO WIRES RUNNING THROUGH IT. If you own a manual it will, but if you don't then all it is is an oval shaped rubber grommet that's solid, no holes in it. You should know it when you see it.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I have done a few installs using the large grommet on the passenger side that is used for the ECU loom. You can push it into the engine bay from the passenger side footwell after removing the glovebox and pushing in the three little expansion clips that keep it in place.

It is then extremely easy to use a cheapo $5 soldering iron from the warehouse or something to melt a big hole through the thing. (you'll never be able to use the soldering iron again... except to melt another hole of course) Just be careful no to nick the ECU loom with the iron as the last thing you want is to damage that.

This arrangement seems to work fairly well. Extremely easy :)