Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[POLE] wh caprice want to know what you all think

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH caprice , 2010 Holden CDX Cruze
well as a few of you would know last weekend i bought a wh caprice after driving it for a week and finding lots of little things wrong with it ( i hate things when there not spot on why i always buy new) it seems to run great has a bit of oil on the side of the motor but doesnt leak now heres where the problem lies it hasnt been taken care of when i got it only had water in it no coolant i paid $5500 by the time i paid transfer and petrol and crap now whats wrong with it that i know of

power steering rack leaking and heavy so needs replacing (power assisted so not a cheap task)
aircon goes to face under load possibly actuator?
radio and staker both stuffed
front brakes need replacing wobble when warm
rear tyres have camber wear so probably a camber kit
front seat stitching has come apart and needs attention
small interior pieces need attention
bonet and boot paint has a couple of patches that have been touched up need fixing to be 100%
1 new headlight clip broken
1 tail light same thing clip broken
few bumps and grazes here and there
carpet definatly needs cleaning whos idea was it to put cream carpet in these things lol

poor car seems to have had a hard life but with lowish km

184000km but its a fantastic car to drive smooth and gets about 10km/l on gas so fantasticly cheap now heres the question ive been offered 6k for it how it sits should i sell it or put probably 2k into fixing all the small things wrong with it

i also have a 2010 holden cruze and what i was going to do was do up the caprice and sell the cruze and pay off some debt but in saying that the caprice might end up costing me more in maintaince and stuff going wrong so heres where im torn and want some imput from you guys

HELP!!!!! lol

P1000766.jpg

P1000771.jpg

P1000773.jpg

P1000774.jpg

P1000775.jpg

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
From what I see in the pics, the car looks alot more worth than 6k specially being black with those wheels.

If i was u and the engine and transmission is in an A1 mechanical condition I'd keep the beast, take a ride down to a self-serve wreckers or any other wreckers and pick all the parts you need clips this that.
Then go hire a steam cleaner for bout $30 and give the carpet a good clean.
Slowly fix things up I'm it and it'll look shmick before u know it. :)

Meercat9

Reaction score
Members Ride
The big one
Get a Hyundai. They may not go as fast but they look better and cost a lot less - especially when you have to get it repaired.

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
Get a Hyundai. They may not go as fast but they look better and cost a lot less - especially when you have to get it repaired.

Are you high? Your first post on the site and you say that.. seriously...

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
Whatever your smoking buddy, give us some! How could you even compare a Hyundai to a Caprice? I mean one's an elegant luxury cruiser. The other is a 4 cylinder buzzbox with no class, style or anything.
Seriously, it's people like you who keep me awake all night with nightmares.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
They don't seem like major repairs. so I honestly think you've picked yourself up a good bargain..

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
alright guys told the guy its no longer for sale now i gotta start getting pricing to get the brakes and powersteering done rest i can do myself steering rack is whats worrying me cause i think it might be the variatronic and i had to replace one in a vp calais about 7 years ago and cost me just shy of a grand......ive got 2k put away to spend on it but want to do it all as cheap as possible lol

anyway guys thanks for the input :)

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Good stuff :)

If you wana save about $150+ on labour to fit in the front brake pads I suggest having a crack at it yourself if your handy with some sockets and a lil determination. :)
It's really easy to do ull be surprised but on the other hand uv got to remember they are a really important safety factor of your car.
So u decide. :)

Dave.

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea thanks mate ive done pads before never done rotors tho pads are a piece of piss wouldnt even know where to start to do rotors lol

went into holdens to get a quote to fix the aircon they said its one of three actuators and there $70 (full price) each but to find out which one it is is an hours laybor $118 per hour then 1.5 hours to fix the faulty one he seems to think no dash out to fix it but will see gonna take it to an aircon place see what they say next week i can get holdens discounts on the parts (brother works at holdens) just not laybor