Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[POLE] wh caprice want to know what you all think

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
The mode actuators are easy to swap around ur self no need to pay for labour.

They are located directly under your stock headunit and are accessed by removing both the lower passenger and driver panels that are beside the headunit.
Each actuator has two different colored vacuum lines make sure they haven't fallen off the actuator.

8c9f0224-3505-17fc.jpg

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH caprice , 2010 Holden CDX Cruze
The mode actuators are easy to swap around ur self no need to pay for labour.

They are located directly under your stock headunit and are accessed by removing both the lower passenger and driver panels that are beside the headunit.
Each actuator has two different colored vacuum lines make sure they haven't fallen off the actuator.

8c9f0224-3505-17fc.jpg

is there anyway to tell which one of the three is gone or if its the bank of hoses thats gone???? if i have it on any setting other than face it does nothing its only when its on face it will go to the window if i have it on face/feet it will stay on feet and go to window if that all makes sence im all there for doing it myself to save a few bucks

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Rarely do you ever make a profit on a car, sell the wh and pocket the extra $500.

Then sell the cruze and buy something with a little soul

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rarely do you ever make a profit on a car, sell the wh and pocket the extra $500.

Then sell the cruze and buy something with a little soul

nah already told the guy we keeping it should have np selling it even after its fixed although more than likely we will keep it caprices still fetch 8k np at all and thats without 18's and in black

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
is there anyway to tell which one of the three is gone or if its the bank of hoses thats gone???? if i have it on any setting other than face it does nothing its only when its on face it will go to the window if i have it on face/feet it will stay on feet and go to window if that all makes sence im all there for doing it myself to save a few bucks

Yea I know what you mean when the mode is set to face it will redirect to another mode this occurs when the engine is underload or under acceleration.

There is a way to determine which actuator may be faulty but u need a tool that will apply pressure with a gauge and see if it will hold that pressure.
If the pressure drops then it's very Likely that its that actuator that is causing the problem.

Pop down to the wreckers and grab the actuators of a car can be of a vt vx Vy Vz. I think there all the same actuators and fit em in and see how u go rather then buying em brand new just incase it's not them that's causing the problem.

Dave.

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
alright had a play around today first day ive actually had the car cause misses uses it for work i disconected the black bar in the pic the one i circled and it now permanently stays on face cant change it to feet or anything and under load stays on face so does that lead me to believe its that one gone or could it still be else where but me disconecting this doesnt allow it to change? had to be the hardest one to get to didnt it lmfao

8c9f0224-3505-17fc.jpg

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
alright had a play around today first day ive actually had the car cause misses uses it for work i disconected the black bar in the pic the one i circled and it now permanently stays on face cant change it to feet or anything and under load stays on face so does that lead me to believe its that one gone or could it still be else where but me disconecting this doesnt allow it to change? had to be the hardest one to get to didnt it lmfao

8c9f0224-3505-17fc.jpg

Can't determine just yet, have some one change the modes while you look at the actuator and the way it moves (open or closes) also note which mode setting triggers which actuator. From there try and calculate from ur results which one may be causing the fault. This fault can also be determined by comparing the positions of the actuators from another car that doesn't have the underload problem. Eg mates vt Vy Vz WH wk WL car.
Note: This experiment must be performed while the engine is running to create vacuum other wise will give false results.

Good luck
Dave.

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
just won a brand new oem factory stereo on ebay for the caprice so thats one thing sorted

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Get the mechanical problems fixed first, then worry about the stereo, interior and paint. Spend the money wisely.