Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police Pack

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Not to worry anyway,if it was a 'd' car ,its better than our old ef falcon
too much sideways i think.At least i can scare all my mates thinkin they are about to be raided.It worked the other day.My kids love it ,so does the wife
and after all its only a family car anyway.I love actually havin a working aircon for once too, bloomin brilliant.At not havin to smack the dash to get it to fire up is a real bargain ,after all its not a ef falcon.

Welcome to the holden community, You sure made a good decision to buy a holden:yeah: over *cough, cough* ford, I'm sure you will get a lot of help from this forum.

Cheers
Holdensupporter2005 :thumbsup:

The Stig

Reaction score
There are advantages of buying an ex police vehicle as well as disadvantages. If I ever knew anyone who wanted to buy one I'd suggest they spend a week at work with me then they'd probably change their mind.

It all depends on where it came from and what it was used for. Cars to definately steer clear of:

All your 6 cyc models, including your Falcons and Commodores - especially if they're white! They were probably used as a general duties patrol vehicle and would have been flogged. We aren't very kind to our cars that's why they're breaking down quite often. I've seen at least one car come up with the transmission error on the display and put itself into limp mode and wouldn't go any quicker than 20k's.

The SS Holdens (ex TMU) generally aren't too bad. After being in general duties and jumping into an SS I was astounded at how neat clean and tidy it was. Most TMUs look after their cars as they need to be 100% reliable at all times. If there's ever a slight feeling of something not right the car is written off as faulted and doesn't go out on the road until the problem is fixed. They're pursuit vehicles and having a wheel fall off, or similar, at 200 km/h is rather dangerous.

General 6 cyc cars (other than white) would be ok as well as they've been used by other areas of VicPol just for commuting to jobs and other types of transport.

We get rid of our cars once they hit 60000ks. My station just got rid of a BA Falcon thats time was up and by the time we were finished with it, it had a number of nicks in the trim and a very pingy engine.

Also, to put some rumours to rest - Do you really think that a government department that's already having its resources overstretched is going to spend $$$ on vehicle modifications? If they were doing that then they'd have enough to buy more cars so we didn't have to use our own cars to go about our work and to attend court etc.

mate assuming off your username your a Victorian cop..

mate out of interest what would you likely have used a Cosmo VY SS for?

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
you get what you want for the price you can afford .. its simple as that..

I didnt go out and actively CHASE a ex copper car.... it just so happens that the car I test drove and looked at and liked is an ex copper car... I found this out afterwards when I was having a read of the book....

I know its probably been said before but this one appears quite well taken care off.. all scheduled servicing... no overtly obvious damage/repairs or undue wear and tear on interior set up ... I have the feeling it was some head coppers daily driver and not a chaser etc...

I mean personally I have never seen a cosmo mica VY SS cop car... but then I dont live in Victoria...

Same as above... When I got my VR i didnt know it was an Ex Cop car, it was in my price range, it drove nice, no noises, so I bought it. I thought it was a taxi or something coz of all the holes in places, but was confused about the low km's. But then I found out about the BT1 **** and had a look at the compliance plate and sure enough there it was. Still not a problem with it. Also I duno bout cop mods but ive beaten every V6 VR VS ive raced. And goes a siht load faster than my VN.

ford2holden

Keven
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy v6 executive
I tell ya s i have got to been absolutely stupid or my missus has a finger on
me i am disgusted with my purchase of this vy bombadore i should have realized from the beginning i was a ford man .I have never in my time owning cars have had a gutless fuel burning piece of rubbish that is in no way user friendly .I cant even listen to music anymore at least my old ford was easy to
put a new head unit in .How in the hell do you get to the audio wires to at least find the colours .Stupid blaupunkt rubbish head unit wont boot up and i am that wild i could easily burn this car .Dont send me a thread ring me up before i send this heap to hell.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the head unit wiring cant be too hard to find can it? it in the back of the cage that holds the radio.
pull the cage out & unclip the connector from it

The Stig

Reaction score
and just for my own curiosity....

what the hell does all that have to do with a police pack thread?

and I gotta agree with the Doc.... I watched the guy install my new head unit and he had the wires out in like 10 minutes... so arent that hard to find.

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
I tell ya s i have got to been absolutely stupid or my missus has a finger on
me i am disgusted with my purchase of this vy bombadore i should have realized from the beginning i was a ford man .I have never in my time owning cars have had a gutless fuel burning piece of rubbish that is in no way user friendly .I cant even listen to music anymore at least my old ford was easy to
put a new head unit in .How in the hell do you get to the audio wires to at least find the colours .Stupid blaupunkt rubbish head unit wont boot up and i am that wild i could easily burn this car .Dont send me a thread ring me up before i send this heap to hell.

lol ohwell you should have bought a ba xt huh..

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
BA's are even worse, it's VERY hard to replace the head unit.....you have to either modifying the whole centre console and messing with the HVAC controls, or install a new unit in the glovebox compartment and disconnect the factory unit. At least the VY is a straight-forward 1 hour job to have a new head unit fitted, with the right gear.

9C1pack

Reaction score
In reply to Stig's question "what would VicPol use a Cosmo SS for?"
I remember seeing one outside Williamstown police station, it had the concealed red/blue lights on the parcel shelf/dashboard like the regular Traffic Management Unit cars, so I guess it was just another Highway patrol car. It had quite dark tinted windows, I tried to see inside but some of the members walking by, gave me dirty looks so I moved along. It looked sweet though.

Mmast23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Goldcoast
My police spec crewman has accessorys like a dual battery set up, extra add ons for lights ect