Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police Pack

The Stig

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what are the police enhancements done to a car and how do I tell if they have been done?

Im in the process of buying a VY II SS which the log book says was previously owned by Victoria police.. so Im curious if it would still have any of their modifications..

All help appreciated.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
try the search function, you will be surprised how effective this is.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
How many times have we heard this question.....

Nope, no mods. Stock as a rock.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yeah it's got a police chip that adds 60kw and shaves 5 seconds off the 0-100km/h time..

If they took the police chip out, just buy it off eBay.. A lot of reliable sources there..

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Yeah it's got a police chip that adds 60kw and shaves 5 seconds off the 0-100km/h time..

If they took the police chip out, just buy it off eBay.. A lot of reliable sources there..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
y do people want ex police cars. sure there 3-5 grand cheaper but they get flogged from the word go ie. never get driven nicely when cold, ran over gutters and just generally not taken care of.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I guess the 3-5 grand is very significant to some people.

The Stig

Reaction score
you get what you want for the price you can afford .. its simple as that..

I didnt go out and actively CHASE a ex copper car.... it just so happens that the car I test drove and looked at and liked is an ex copper car... I found this out afterwards when I was having a read of the book....

I know its probably been said before but this one appears quite well taken care off.. all scheduled servicing... no overtly obvious damage/repairs or undue wear and tear on interior set up ... I have the feeling it was some head coppers daily driver and not a chaser etc...

I mean personally I have never seen a cosmo mica VY SS cop car... but then I dont live in Victoria...

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
ive had my vy wgn car since april and ive booked it in 2 get the cop pack turned on at a holden dealership said they would do it 4 $30 while its gettin a major service done they asked y i wanted it turned on (i want the digital speedo on the dash)cause they have had ppl come in and ask 4 it 2 be turned off

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i didnt think they had any mods any more bar the dash cos they are fast enough already to catch people.