Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

police problems with otrcai and extractors

loveless

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 SII Tiga SS Ute!
ive recently been put off the road in my vu ss ute for a number off things which ive admitted to being illegle, but the police man said i CANNOT run a otrcai kit with extactors, it has to be one or the other. to me this sounds funny so can any one tell me if this is right or not?

also ive had 5 or 6 canaries since ive had my license and never had an on the spot fine for it, this time i got the on the spot fine for an unsafe car can he fine me for this?

cheers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
He cand o what he wants, the fine will have a reason other than "unsafe car".

As for OTR, it is illegal to run one without a MAF. As for extractors, chances are if they are aftermarket they are also illegal as it modifies your emissions.

loveless

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 SII Tiga SS Ute!
bloody hell sound like ya carnt do much to your car these days!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
You can do plenty to your car these days, it really all depends how nice the police officer that you get is. Some will give you a good reaming, some will let you off lightly.

Seems like you got a bit of a reaming there. I'd just stick a set of stock headers back on mate. The factory ones don't flow all that bad anyway really. They just don't sound as good. Then you can keep your OTR CAI but chuck a MAF on it.

loveless

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 SII Tiga SS Ute!
yeh i definatly pulled up sore from him lol ya should see the list that he wrote down:( well if any one has some stock parts they wanna get rid of just let me no!

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
He cand o what he wants, the fine will have a reason other than "unsafe car".

As for OTR, it is illegal to run one without a MAF. As for extractors, chances are if they are aftermarket they are also illegal as it modifies your emissions.

sif they change emissions. they only increase the efficiency that exhaust gases are removed from the engine, i fail to see how that would alter the overall exhaust produced. maybe with the extra efficiency more fuel could be burnt but that could be said for nearly anything.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My mates a cop and if you've been shonky enough to get busted 6 times I'm afraid you are on the bad boy list since along time ago. They wont stop now until you are off the road / out of a license or driving slow in a grannies car. That's the way it works