Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

police uhf frequencies

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
yeah easy as to find the phone just scanning portable frequencies you need 2 the trans and recieve normally not very far apart and you just scan the two

Lost in translation there.... can anyone change that to English?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the portable sends and recieves on 2 frequencies so you need to scan both or you only hear half of the conversation either in or out

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Why would you want to listen in on the fuzz anyway?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Lost in translation there.... can anyone change that to English?

you need to find the transmit frequency and the receive frequency, then set it to scan them both, or you will only get one side of the convo.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
you need to find the transmit frequency and the receive frequency, then set it to scan them both, or you will only get one side of the convo.

Lol yeah i know how that works, it was the actual sentence (can you call it that?) that i couldn't get my head around.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its bloody funny listening to the police the amount of silly things they do and cockups they make.over here we were cracking up at the amount of cops who couldnt fuel up when they got the VE's cause the fuel flap locks with the car and they couldnt get it open there they were on open radio asking what the go was.and its fun when they loose someone or are tracking people with dogs all good listening,especially when they are donut eating ones puffing like hell after running after people.then theres the crashes they are funny

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Mine just has to be different lol. It has transmit and receive on the same frequency, then a separate transmit frequency. Its an old-ish uniden phone.

lucas_arts_182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
As far as I know, and Im into radios/scanning, All Citys are Encrypted Apco 25 digital networks (in english - Their all "Digital") (un encrypted digital networks can be scanned with a digital scanner compatable with the network your trying to scan - but all the police ones are encrypted.) the country stuff is all analouge, so it can still be scanned - There are 468mhz networks and a few VHF networks around the country. if you want to listen to somthing because your bored, listen to transit security/transit police if their not digital. or if you wanna know where the cops are, then try listening to the fire brigade as they often say if the police are in the area of a fire their attending. no where near as good as pre-digital but its better than f**k all

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
my old man used to use his scanner all the time... and call me up to ask why i had been pulled over :p