Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police want new laws in W.A.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Drastic measures to punish hoons | PerthNow

there's an interesting mix of new laws there, as well as big raises to existing penalties, have a gander.

I'm already paying the price for my stupidity so I'm not in the position to argue against these, but one has to wonder, how strict / heavy can their hand fall before they're happy? or I suppose the point they're trying to make is how long do people have to continue to be dumb on the roads.

Driving without a seatbelt is sheer stupidity even if its just around the block ( moving a car around a yard / driveway I think no seatbelt is ok but any road or public car park I believe its belt up or get out, personally.

Driving while on the phone? well it's not just platers, chicks and ricers, soccer moms still whip their land cruisers or patrols / prados / pajeros around while having a yak on their mobiles, I want to know if the police keep an eye out for them too.

TL:DR; " The message of drive safe/slower is planned to become even more clear, but will people listen yet? "

Last edited:

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Well if people continue to break the law and dont show any respect then yes I guess they do have to toughen up. I think its the only way they are going to get the message through. Driving a car is dangerous, I worry often someone is going to clean me up, seems there are plenty of road users who think they are superman and are the best drivers, when there nothing but a danger to themselves and everyone eklse around them. NOT just young drivers.

Listening to the scanner the other night and a femal officer was taking a car of a guy who had just done a burnout in the cop shop car park..... seriously are people THAT dumb?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Good on the police for pushing these sorts of things.

I wish police would concentrate on the real menaces on our road around here...mum and kids in huge assed car.

Seriously, how can anyone safely drive a 2.5 tonne vehicle with kids screaming in the back while talking ona mobile phone? This is the latest trend for mothers...it is becoming a joke. I laugh so hard when i see "Children on board" displayed in the rear window, only to see mum driving one handed while yelling at the kids and talking ont he mobile phone, all while trying to turn from a stop sign.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Being a mum, the only main reason mothers get 4WD's is because of the seating, if more car companies made bigger (smaller) cars then maybe they would fix that problem. I hopefully will be getting a Landcruiser when we add another 2 kids to our family, but for the above reason, room for shopping & plenty of seating. Although, using a phone while driving is NOT acceptable, I think being in a 4WD is a danger already (to other users).

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
If your dumb enough these days to be stupid in your car you deserve to get the full force of the law. There are places to go and drag and do some doughnuts (unless you live in Canberra).

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Being a mum, the only main reason mothers get 4WD's is because of the seating, if more car companies made bigger (smaller) cars then maybe they would fix that problem. I hopefully will be getting a Landcruiser when we add another 2 kids to our family, but for the above reason, room for shopping & plenty of seating. Although, using a phone while driving is NOT acceptable, I think being in a 4WD is a danger already (to other users).

How many kids do you have?

tarago has loads of seating, the honda odyssey has loads of seating and room.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
When we finish LOL we will have 5, Odyssey's have bugger all room in the front, I had a sit in one and hated it, I felt squashed and pushed up close to the steering. And as for anything else I have found, the hubby tells me about common issues, and running problems, its really up to him and what he thinks is suitable. So far the only car we have found that isnt a HUGE 4WD but would suit my needs is a Ford Territory... but were not fully "looking" yet we only have 2.5 kiddies.

We were considering getting a VX wagon and chucking seats in the back BUT then we loose most of the boot space. And the kids sitting at that level in that position in the car to me is a worry, Not too sure on how that would go in an accident.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
A LEARNER driver has been charged by police after he was allegedly caught doing burnouts in the car park of a police station yesterday.

It will be alleged that at around 12.30am yesterday, officers inside Cannington Police Station heard the 24-year-old Maddington man carrying out burnouts in his Ford Falcon sedan in the front car park.

The officers came out of the station to confront the man, and he was taken from the car before it was seized for 48 hours under the Hoon Legislation.

The man has been charged with reckless driving, driing with a blood-alcohol level of more than 0.08 per cent, and driving contrary to a learner’s permit.

He will appear before the Perth Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Just foudn that on the news, surprised, I heard it go over the scanner but no mention of him being a L Plater... what an idiot! The above is why the laws need to be changed.

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
but theres always people out there that are gunna be doing stupid stuff all there statistics are bull **** because they might say oh the road toll is down this year "because of our anti hoon law" but its families and **** that are the ones in smashes being killed etc and if the hooning behaviour is going down its because police arnt doing there job properly theres always idiots out there its never gunna decrease as new P' platers getting there P's for like a week do stupid **** and pay----its like saying there would be world peace if all the terrorists rapists thieves etc where caught but its never gunna happen-- my point

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
but theres always people out there that are gunna be doing stupid stuff all there statistics are bull **** because they might say oh the road toll is down this year "because of our anti hoon law" but its families and **** that are the ones in smashes being killed etc and if the hooning behaviour is going down its because police arnt doing there job properly theres always idiots out there its never gunna decrease as new P' platers getting there P's for like a week do stupid **** and pay----its like saying there would be world peace if all the terrorists rapists thieves etc where caught but its never gunna happen-- my point

Hmm, last single car accident here was 3 or 4 18 year olds in one car hitting a tree at over 160 km/h.

you do not hear about to many single car accidents in where families are killed.