Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Polishing the SS

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
I use Bowden's products.

Attachments

• Bowden.png
    Bowden.png
    418.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Bowden wax.png
    Bowden wax.png
    423.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Lazy wax.png
    Lazy wax.png
    531.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Bowden Clay.png
    Bowden Clay.png
    765 KB · Views: 234

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I’ve got some really good results from Dodojuice. They have a few different waxes to use depending on the colour of your car.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I use the lazy wax + fully slick on a dark colour (regal peacock). Really brings out the shine and lasts about 6 months of dust and crap before it starts to lose the water repellent properties.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
You guys should check out some quality Ceramic Coatings. Usually last a few years and provide a proper glass like finish which lasts for much longer than any wax i've ever used.

CQuartz UK Edition 3.0 ($90) or Concours NOVA EVO ($180) seems to be the best ones out at the moment.

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Hi all, + 1 for NOVA EVO, had it applied about 6 months ago after getting detail with paint correction, car very easy to wash and maintain, the finish is like a mirror

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
I'm gonna bring this back up as they are just realising some new(ish) products.
Bowdens have the new Happy Ending
Meguiars have Hybrid Ceramic Wax

My question is I have clay bar rubbed my car, applied Autoglum polish then used Mothers Carnauba Wax, the one that comes in the tin not the bottle.
So is it a waster of time and money to apply these two products with what I have already done or will they protect and enhance the paint work further?
Would it be good to apply both products or are they actually the same product, as in they do they same job? And would using both would just be a waste of time and money?

Cheers DF

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I like Meguires Ultimate liquid wax. Goes over the entire car with a random orbital, minus the windscreen, without any white residue. To easy. It also brings up the exterior textured dark plastics better than greasy type leather/vinyl sprays and stays embedded in the trim for longer.