Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Polishing your bananas

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
I'm right in the middle of replacing the inlet manifold gaskets and would like to know what is the best way to go about getting them to a point where they can be polished or painted I was thinking of doing it by hand but it looks more depressing than when I did the throttle body, rocker and fuel rails by hand. All suggestions welcome ! Oh yeh I'm in Adelaide

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
maybe a wire wheel on a small grinder. They are pretty rough, i'm not real sure how you would polish them properly.

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Get a Pro onto it,its a major pain in the ass of a job,

ChromeMasters do all Polishing & Chroming,Theyre at Elizabeth.

Phone: 8252 6966

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Mate, if you can find a cheap setup on ebay or something and you have the cash from rudd handy, put a different manifold on. 1 that flow better. It is cash very well spent. I know this isnt wat the thread was about but Keen it in mind. If your going to take your manifold to a polisher, then get him to do your rocker covers and eng dress up at the same time!!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Mate, if you can find a cheap setup on ebay or something and you have the cash from rudd handy, put a different manifold on. 1 that flow better. It is cash very well spent. I know this isnt wat the thread was about but Keen it in mind. If your going to take your manifold to a polisher, then get him to do your rocker covers and eng dress up at the same time!!

no need, as he has already done them by hand.

I remember reading a thread about it the other day, & damned if I can find it now, it was about using a dremel for the trickier bits etc...

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
That's right. The castings of the rocker, fuel rail and throttle body cover take a while to do but they were no way near as rough the banana's.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
It can be done, I've seen bananas, smoothed over, with the injector cover bolt bosses been taken off and all, looked very nice, try for it man.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
get all the horrible stuff cut off or do it your self then get it media blasted smooth then in with the sand paper to finish it

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
its just like polishing my vk calaise wheeles use some sand paper to get all the ruff stuff off and to get it shineing use the fines sand paper wet and dry the get some autosol and it should look sweet.