Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poll RE: V8's - How Do You Involve Yourself?

Your V8 Supercar Watching Habits

• Total voters
M

midnightinaus

I was fortunate enough to do work experience at channel 10 Sydney back in 1999 and that included spending the weekend with the crew at Oran Park for a round of the V8’s.

They’re a very professional and friendly crew and don’t mind having a laugh, typical of channel 10 really. They even gave me the opportunity to follow a cameraman down pit lane holding the audio/video transmitter when the cars were pitting, it was awesome. They let me have a go at vision switching and I got to meet and sit with the commentary team, including the legend Barry Sheene.

I've watched every telecast of the V8's and if I couldn’t watch it, I would tape it. Same goes for RPM and any other motorsport programs on 10.

Was a shame to hear that the viewing figures for the Tasmanian round of the V8’s last weekend on 10 were under 100,000, but it was good to hear that there was a record crowd of more than 62,000 down there.

I don't mind Neil Crompton in small doses but would prefer it if Leigh "stiffy", Mark Oastler and Billy Woods would take over the commentary for the V8's again.

There you go I've thrown in my 2 cents.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i go to most events that are in the eastern states....lol ive odne some serious mileage in the ute this year!!! went to bathurst, the indy, melbourne and in adelaide at the start of the year....would probably be alot cheaper to fly aye haha :king: