Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

POLL: whos got the most mileage on their alloytecs?

vzberlinav6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina v6
130k approx. 2004 model.

Had the timing chain startup rattle for years now!

Non periodic engine service items replaced: PCV pipe, water pump and cap. Need to replace exhaust manifold gasket soon.

What pvc pipe did you have to change out of curiosity?

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
285k on an 04 Svz alloytec ute. Was goin strong web I sold it in December. The gear box was a little clunky and I replaced the TCM and PIM other than that just a few small things.

muneey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
285K..wow so far we have a winner!! when you say the gearbox was getting clunky, do you mean it was a manual? what other items did you need to service? timing chains, o2 sensors, thermostat etc etc?

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
230,085 right now lol, but i'm the second p-plater to own it :D so it's had a hard life.

Semms to be going great, i change oil every 5000 and other than water pump and other little things, only major problem was gearbox 2nd gear sleeve and dog teeth were munted :( apparently the guy who owned it before me liked to hang off the gear lever like it was his seatbelt and ruined the selector fork :(

otherwise It's as gutsy as ever :D

too jazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
dads taxi 06 statesman has almost 360k not to much issues all coils were changed 50k ago, and when the car starts when its stone cold it sounds like the old ecotec and cranks for around 5-6 times other then that she all good lol

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
It was an auto, just didn't change gears very smoothly. To be expected though, 285k is a fair bit of wear and tear.
Never had to fix anything with the engine but one of the plastic side bits of the radiator did split.
Other than that was still a great ute and I didn't exactly drive it like a granny either. Haha

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
I'm sitting at 233,276.4 KM at the moment. Just got it back from smash repairs with over 11k worth of fix.