Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

POLL: whos got the most mileage on their alloytecs?

muneey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
hi guys,
just wondering how high mileage alloytecs are holding up..ive just bought my wagon (lumina) with 190k on it (highway klms) but was wondering if there was anyone else who has done more klms than this and how the engine was holding up..
btw besides replacing a idler pulley (too noisey) and a small oil leak coming from the front cover, everything is quite good so far (touch wood)
would you guys think the timing chain has already been replaced? the log books dont mention it but was wondering if it may have been done under warranty as a recall

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
I did 160k km, before hitting a lightpole. The engine is still fine, the car, uhhhh not so much.

sebapl10

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
VZ executive had it from 80000kms....now 153000km...its an ex cop car 2005.....all good no trouble just i get a stupid abs fault error message about 90% when i drive...holden dealer said they fixed it(went twice) but a week later it comes back,,,very annoying

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
VZ executive had it from 80000kms....now 153000km...its an ex cop car 2005.....all good no trouble just i get a stupid abs fault error message about 90% when i drive...holden dealer said they fixed it(went twice) but a week later it comes back,,,very annoying

change your battery, should clear up the code. btw, mine is at 156xxx and no troubles

sebapl10

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
battery has been changed about 2 or 3 times in 4 years

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
fair enough, just usually when the abs warning comes up, the battery dies

imoore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV ute
we service a wagon with the 175kw engine and it has done 300000+ kms. it has the usual oil leaks but still going strong. on the other hand if you don't service them they sludge up quite nicely. another car we do had 200000 on it with roughly 20 - 30000 service intervales the guy had to replace the engine because it seized solid.

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
130k approx. 2004 model.

Had the timing chain startup rattle for years now!

Non periodic engine service items replaced: PCV pipe, water pump and cap. Need to replace exhaust manifold gasket soon.