Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pontiac G8 GT Front clip.

kalveerbhullar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT 6.0 6spd tiptronic
Hey guys, my name is Kb. i live in California and drive a Commodore in Pontiac clothing. ;)
I love my G8 but i want to do a front end swap. How much do the VE front clips cost? The bumper, hood and foglamps? Also is anyone interested in doing a swap? I have a picture attached of my car. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_1164.jpg
    100_1164.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 42,810

VLSS643

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SS GroupA & VE Maloo
Bumper only on a VE Clusbsport is $1650 australian dollars.

Then add fog / spot lights and grille mesh.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina

The SS front bumper will be considerably cheaper than above. I would suggest looking around for a second hand front half if you can find one though. Looking further into a swap might be an idea if you research shipping costs. Many people here would like the pontiac front so that they can fit the vented bonnet also.

A

acca00

love your wheels mate, mat black red pin stripe. That was custom yeah? if you done mind could you post some more photos of your rims? thanks

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

How do you know he wants a Clubbie front end? :confused:

I think the swap idea might be a good one. Some guys here love the Pontiac front end.

Personally, I really like the bonnet only - shame you cant swap it easily without doing the nose also.

VLSS643

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SS GroupA & VE Maloo
How do you know he wants a Clubbie front end? :confused:

I think the swap idea might be a good one. Some guys here love the Pontiac front end.

Personally, I really like the bonnet only - shame you cant swap it easily without doing the nose also.

I don't, but i know what they cost. N oidea what the SS one costs but i dont think it would be much less. It's only plastic after all.

Seabee3000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 Sedan 2009/ Holden SV6
Intro

First I want to say “Thank You” for the G8 (Commodore Brethren)! You boys and gales down under sure know how to make a great car! :bow: An absolute gem this car is, and if it wasn’t for Holden, I don’t believe we would have such a fantastic car here in the states. :thumbsup: As I’m sure you are all aware Pontiac is to be no more! :rip: Shame really for the G8 (in this mans onion) would have really set the tone for Pontiacs more “Performance” line of cars. As of late most of Pontiac’s cars are plastic toy cars lacking in both the “real world performance” and quality. Now that being said, I too am very interested in converting or as I like to call it (accessorizing) my G8 Sedan with the SS or SS-V (drooling) front ends. Any suggestions on where to look? :whistling

kalveerbhullar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT 6.0 6spd tiptronic
Reply.

thanks for the replies guys.
like Seabee3000 i am looking for the SS front clip or if possible the HSV.
heres my email if anyone is interested in discussing a swap. [email protected]

acca00-ill attach some more pics. they are the stock 19s :yeah: i like to be different and i didnt like any of the alloy or chrome on the car, i think this car should be more sleathy than bling.
Troy711-actually its carbon fiber :w00t:
but i recently removed the carbon fiber layer and shot a flat black over the roof.
different and it love awesome! (IMO) lol
VLSS643- thanks for the quick reply but yes im looking for the SS or HSV front end. Thanks anyways. :D
Hunter SS - thanks for the welcome.
1991_Vn2nV- is there a good amount of shops that sell the front clips there? if i can find a cheap one my uncle live in Sidney and he can ship it for me.

Attachments

• 100_1161.jpg
    100_1161.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 823
  • 100_1162.jpg
    100_1162.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 802
  • 100_1822.jpg
    100_1822.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 3,090
  • IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg